Position: Information security Engineer
Reports to: CTO
Duty station: Baghdad
Duration of contract: Unlimited
Salary: According to Pay Matrix
Role and responsibilities
- Lead on the backup process scheduled daily and weekly on DB level and file level using bash scripts.
- Review and Monitor all systems logs and Track the important user’s activities, transactions and incidents.
- Deploy Production updates and fixes
- Conducting vulnerability assessment exercises in a regular basis to identify any vulnerable system and penetration testing exercises to examine defensive mechanism against internal and external attacks.
- Investigate and resolve technical issues in addition to perform root cause analysis for production errors
- Build up Linux servers “Centos/Redhat/Ubuntu ” with all required services (Nginx/Apache- MySQL server/MongoDB-PHP-Redis-supervisor-NodeJS-Postfix) in order to be able to host all types of projects Monolithic and Microservices (Web applications, Mobile Applications, Desktop Applications).
- Manage servers and providing high layers of security (SSH and MFA), allowing specific ports only.
- Follow and manage the Information technology and security policies.
- Manage the systems credentials and the resources access, in addition to review the privileges of all users annually at least to have reasonable assurance that the assigned roles and privileges of these accounts are aligned with their job requirements.
- Configure Jenkins Server and integrate with Github/Gitlab/Bitbuckets in order to automate jobs triggered on Gitlab to be updated on the server.
- Hands on on IT requests
- Work experience as a Information security Engineer or similar software engineering role
- Good knowledge of Bash or Python or GoLang
- Working knowledge of databases and SQL
- Problem-solving attitude
- Experience with Agile product development lifecycle.
- BSc in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal