Main Responsibilities and Duties
- Conduct periodic and comprehensive internal audits of the company's operations, systems, and procedures to identify potential areas of risk and non-compliance.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the company's internal controls and compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Analyze and evaluate financial and operational data to identify areas of risk and opportunities for process improvement.
- Prepare reports on audit findings and recommendations for the Internal Audit Manager and senior management.
- Provide support and guidance to management and staff on risk management, internal control, and compliance issues.
- Participate in the development and implementation of policies, procedures, and best practices related to risk management and internal controls.
- Monitor the implementation of corrective actions resulting from audit findings to ensure that identified risks are effectively managed.
- Conduct follow-up audits to assess the effectiveness of corrective actions taken.
- Stay up-to-date with developments in internal audit practices, regulatory requirements, and industry best practices.
Education and Trainings/ Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, Finance, or a related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in internal audit, risk management, or related fields.
- Professional certification in internal audit or related field (e.g., CIA, CISA, CRMA) is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of auditing principles, practices, and standards.
- Familiarity with risk management and internal control frameworks (e.g., COSO, ISO 31000).
Skills and Competencies
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with cross-functional teams.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications (e.g., Excel, Word, PowerPoint)